All the information you need to know about Laboratory Fume Hood. From the different types to how to use them.
What is a Chemical Lab Fume Hood?
Chemical Laboratory fume hoods are used to protect the laboratory environment and the operator while working with chemicals. The fume hood actively protects the operator from inhaling toxic fumes and dramatically reduces the risk of fire and explosion. By installing a suitable filter it can also protect the environment.
Types of Fume Hods for Laboratories
The most common types are:
-Fume Hood Acid: Made from strong acid-resistant materials, bases and corrosion-resistant
-Ductless fume hoods
– fume Hood without Ductless: These hoods use activated carbon to absorb chemical vapors, and after filtering them the clean air is thrown back into the room
– Chemical fume hood
LABORATORY FUME HOOD-GUIDE
How To Use A Laboratory Fume Hood
You should be familiar with the standard operating procedures of the equipment and maintain them throughout the process.
– Check Ductless in proper condition
-Keep your body out of the hood to prevent various infections
– Use protective equipment such as glasses, a lab coat and gloves. Such equipment will protect you in case of dangerous leaks.
– Close the hood window when not in use.
– Stop immediately if you suspect a malfunction or when you notice an airflow malfunction.
– Carefully read the manufacturer’s instructions before use.
Laboratory Fume Hood
Advantages of Laboratory Fume Hood
• Quiet and efficient work
• Filter toxic substances in the air
• Suitable for any type of work in laboratories. Comes in different and varied sizes.
• Maintains the health of employees
• Easy and quick installation
• Durable, efficient and convenient
• Maintains laboratory equipment and materials themselves